Wayne County Fishing Contest
WAYNE COUNTY YOUTH FISHING DERBY
1. The Wayne County Youth Fishing Derby will start at dawn on June 11, 2016 and end at the end of the business day on July 24, 2016. The Awards Ceremony will be Sunday, July 31, 2016.
2. To enter Youth Division, child must be between the ages of 4-16, at the time of registration. There will be two age categories – Youth ages 4-7 & ages 8-16. Entry fee is $5.00. Youth Division prizes will consist of merchandise and trophies. Prize structure will be based on the number of registered entrants. Each youth is eligible to win one prize only after weighing in a legitimate fish. This rule allows more youths to win a prize.
3. Participants must be registered for the event by 8 A.M. of the day they wish to enter a fish.
4. A mailed leaderboard will be sent out the first week in July and the middle of July. The final leaderboard will be mailed the last week of July. The online leaderboard may be updated more often . These leaderboards can be viewed at www.waynecountytourism.com.
5. Participants will enter only fish personally caught in the Wayne County, NY waters of Lake Ontario (1/2 mile west of Ginna Plant and east to Blind Sodus Bay) and its embayments; the waters of the Erie Canal and streams located in Wayne County, NY in accordance with all NYS Department of Conservation Fishing Rules and Regulations. Participant must have valid NYS fishing license unless exempted by law.
6. Fish must be weighed at an official Wayne County Weigh Station and proper Weigh-In Form completed within 24 hours of fish being caught. All eligible fish may be punched at the time of weigh in by an official weighmaster. Registrant must catch fish personally and be present at the time of weigh in. Weight will be determined by full ounce only. No fractions of an ounce will be recorded. All bait visible in the mouth of any fish will be removed prior to weighing. Weigh Stations will be open during their regular business hours.
Fish must be whole, not gaffed, gutted or snagged. Fish will be examined for foreign materials (including but not limited to water, ice, weights), gill net marks, bleached and slimy gills, hook and/or gaff marks, fin rot or fungus, freezer burn, clouded eyes, unresponsive flesh - any of which can disqualify the fish. Decision of judges will be final.
7. There will be three major areas of competition - Species Challenge, Pan Fish Challenge and the Merchants Challenge.
AL SHULTZ YOUTH MEMORIAL CHALLENGE (PAN FISH)
a. To be eligible for prizes in the Al Shultz Youth Memorial Challenge, youths must be between the ages of 4-7 at the time of registration. Angler must catch one of each of the five species: Blue Gill, Perch, Rock Bass, Sun Fish and Smallmouth Bass or Largemouth Bass. All fish must be caught between June 11 and July 24, 2016. NOTE: Perch must be a minimum weight of 6 ozs.
b. Winners will be determined by catching 5 eligible fish. The order on the leaderboard will be in date order based on when all five species are caught. Each fish will be recorded according to date and time recorded on the weigh form.
c. Blue gill, rock bass and sun fish do not need to be weighed but must be taken to weigh station to be entered into contest.
a. Anglers entering the largest fish (by weight) in each of the 5 eligible species will receive prizes and trophies. The five species are as follows: walleye, perch, northern pike, smallmouth bass and largemouth bass.
b. In the event of a tie, the person who entered the first fish according to date and time recorded on the weigh form will be the winner.
WAYNE COUNTY MERCHANTS FISHING CHALLENGE:
a. To be eligible for prizes in the Merchants Fishing Challenge, youths must be between the ages of 8-16 at the time of registration. Angler must catch and enter one fish in each of the following five species: northern pike, walleye, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass and perch. Angler may enter additional fish in each species, if larger than one already registered. Only largest fish per species entered by an angler will be eligible. All fish must be caught in accordance with rules and regulations of NYS DEC, between June 11 and July 24, 2016. NOTE: Perch must be a minimum weight of 6 ozs.
b. Winners will be determined by total accumulative weight of the five eligible fish. In the event of a tie, the person who entered the first fish according to date and time recorded on the weigh form will be the winner.
8. Each Participant in the Contest:
a. Agrees to submit, if required by a Derby Committee Official, their fish for examination by a Contest Judge when deemed appropriate by Weighmaster.
b. Agrees that the decision of the judges will be final.
Bay Bridge Sport Shop, Ridge Road, North Rose
B-E Fishing Tackle, Route 104, Ontario
Davenport & Sons Boat Livery, Resort Rd., North Rose
Hughes Marina, 5003 Lake Road, Williamson
Port Bay RV Park & Campground, 8346 E. Port Bay Rd., Wolcott
Warren’s Hook Line & Sinker, 8487 Greig St., Sodus Point