In honor of the Wayne County Bicentennial, visit sites in all 15 Wayne County towns and discover geocaches specially placed at historic locations.
Geocaching is an outdoor hobby where participants download locations where someone has placed a container for others to find. Once found, they then record their name on the log paper inside.
What do I have to do?
1. Download your Wayne County Bicentennial Geocache Passport at wayne200.com/passport.
2. Create a free basic membership on Geocaching.com or download the app. Then create a geocaching nickname.
3. Use your phone app or handheld GPS to drive and navigate closer and closer to a geocache in this series.
4. Once found, sign your caching name and the date on the log paper. Bring some trinkets with you if you want to trade with trinkets left in the geocache.
5. Punch this official WCB passport in the corresponding box with the punch found in the geocache. Record your find on geocaching.com if you want.
6. You will have until November 1, 2023 to complete your Bicentennial Geocache search.
7. When finished finding 15 or 30 caches, check wayne200.com for redemption instructions.
Email any questions to: WCB2023Geocaching@rochester.rr.com